Anemometry - measuring wind even in stormy times
Wind measurement with ultrasound – robust. reliable. precise.
With our proven SC029, SC031 and SC042 anemometry transducers, you can determine wind speed and wind direction reliably and accurately. Regardless of environmental influences such as high wind speeds, strong gusts, water, fog, salt or dust, you will always get precise measurement results with our ultrasonic anemometers.
Robust and maintenance-free in proven SECO quality – 100% Made in Germany.
Get our anemometry sample box with 4 pieces of our proven SC031 uncomplicated, without obligation and of course free of charge.
Simply contact us, briefly describe who you are and what you do and your sample box will be on its way to you.
We look forward to your inquiry!
... what characterizes our anemometry transducer.
A typical anemometer consists of two pairs of opposing ultrasonic transducers arranged at 90° to each other. By means of an exact differential measurement of the respective sound travel times, the speed and direction of the wind can be determined quickly, precisely and maintenance-free. For a reliable measurement in cold measuring environments, we are happy to equip the ultrasonic transducers with a suitable heater.
- sophisticated electroacoustic tuning
- slim design with 8 to 10 mm diameter
- cost effective design
- wide aperture angle of approx. 13 to 20°
- reliable measurement even in drifts & high wind forces
Also of interest:
- resonance frequencies between 300 and 400 kHz
- strong, clearly defined signal
- short decay time at the same time
- high repetition rates realizable
- possible to sort the transducers in pairs or quartets
For more information browse our product finder!
... how best to use our transducers.
For the installation of our ultrasonic transducers in your anemometer we recommend:
- Arrangement of the 4 ultrasonic transducers for 4 cardinal directions
- in pairs opposite each other, 90° offset to each other
- Transmitter-receiver operation
- classical transit time measurement
- sinus burst excitation
Nice to know:
- Temperature operating range without heating: -15°C … + 70°C
- Maximum voltage: 150 Vpp
- Temperature range extendable with in transducer integrated heating
- Protection against water and dirt with lacquer coating
Do you have a detailed technical question?
Our ultrasonic professionals will be glad to help you!
... which customizations are possible.
We are pleased to customize your ultrasonic transducers – according to your wishes and optimized for your specific measurement task.
Individualizable are for example:
- direct mounting into your customized housing
- optional heating for optimal operation even below freezing point
- optional water and dirt repellent front surface sealing
- crimp contacts on the connection leads
- contacting with coaxial cables of any length
- contacting with mini coaxial cables
We are also happy to optimize the electroacoustic parameters of your product according to your requirements – for example with a higher echo voltage or a narrower opening angle.
It is also possible to sort the transducers in pairs or quartets according to their electroacoustic properties for maximum synchronization during temperature changes.
Please contact us!
Together we will design your perfect transducer.
... what advantages working with SECO has for you
A partnership with us is worthwhile for you in any case.
We offer you:
- a long-term cooperation – personal and at eye level
- ultrasonic transducers individually tailored to your requirements
- personal, individual customer service by ultrasonic experts
- production of samples, special products and small series
- new and further developments for complicated applications
- manufacture of your product by hand – 100% Made in Germany
- highest quality components in cost effective design
- stable supply chains through regional material purchasing
- flexible, uncomplicated implementation of schedule changes
- more than 25 years of experience in the ultrasonic universe
You have a demanding measurement task? We deliver the solution.
Individual, reliable, handmade – for your success on the world market.
Feel free to contact us personally at any time!
We look forward to getting to know you!